When there is a major crisis in our communities, we must act and support one another. The Flint, MI water crisis is an unfortunate and unacceptable issue that must be remedied. Things like this take time to fix, but a simple solution for immediate support is to dispatch a 3700 gallon water truck to the affected areas. This solution provides mobility to drive around to centers and neighborhoods where people cannot get about. The truck holds A LOT of water, and can be filled from any fresh, lead free water source. Getting water from a clean source and transporting it would be made much easier with the water truck. This method also eliminates the waste that would be be created by plastic water bottles.
This water truck will:
- We need to procure a 3700 gallon potable water truck! The truck will allow us to mobilize and serve 740 families per day @ 5 gallons each!
- Become a mobile water center for residents that are unable to go pick up or purchase lead free water.
- Holds a LOT of water (3700 gallons)! We can also ensure the truck is filled with clean, lead free water and serve 740 families per day with 5 gallons of water.
- Provide a much bigger and broader dispersion of water to a greater number of residents.
- Drastically reduce plastic bottle waste that is inherently produce by numerous drinking bottles.